Friday, April 1, 2011

I just don't get it...


People. You are weird. I'm sorry, I have an opportunity to meet a lot of people. I have many opportunities to lead, I'm in band, I go to church, and I like to play sports as often as I can, so I get to meet a lot of people. I have a lot of friends from the classes that I'm in and the activities I do, so I'm obviously not extremely narrow minded (although I'll admit maybe I am a little.)

There are just a couple of things I don't understand about people now days.

1.) Zombies... why the heck are people obsessed with zombies? And if its not zombies, its vampires, or things that hunt such creatures. It seems like in every classroom or bus trip, I meet somebody, reading, watching a movie, or playing a game about zombies and/or vampires. And you know what? I wouldn't mind if you privately took fascination of the development of stories about these fictional, yes FICTIONAL beings, but when you try to emulate them by acting or dressing like them, that makes people uncomfortable.

2.) Leather... what is with leather? I like leather jackets, they're good looking and usually warm... but why do you wear it ALL over you? And why do you wear leather pants period? It just makes you look shady! And please don't wear it when its nearly 100 degrees outside, its disgusting. I dont understand why people wear that in an effort to be "different." You look just like all the other people who are trying to be "different," so be yourself, please!

And Im sorry but you are not like him ----->
when you where leather. I know you're trying, but he's fake. Thats why that comes from a costume store.... sorry.




3.) Long unkempt, unwashed hair... Why? I don't understand who that attracts... Hopefully not you're significant other. I mean, maybe you're trying to look like a zombie, or a bounty hunter but I just don't see how that helps everyone else? I've asked girls and 100% that I have asked say its disgusting. They also added that guys who usually have unkempt hair usually don't clean their body in general, especially their teeth.





I don't know, perhaps I seem intolerable - but I think those are relatively unusual things. And you know, I would even be talking about this if I didn't have to sit next to a guy on a bus from Nevada to Reno with those very same characteristics. If it were just one person, I would have probably forgotten about the whole thing, but it was a bus full of those people! Gross! and I see them around school. I wouldn't even have minded the guy if he didn't video record me on his iPhone.

Like I said, I have a lot of friends with a lot of different backgrounds. Its fine to be different, I like different. But isn't there a fine line between different and simply creepy? Come on. Bounty Hunter of Zombies? Really? If it creeped me out, chances are several others would have felt just as uncomfortable sitting next to as I did.

Being yourself doesn't mean being awkward on purpose. It doesn't mean you need to stand out. It just means you need to like yourself. You're clothes, or fictional jobs and fantasies do not dictate your self-esteem. Just be yourself... Please and thanks.

1 comment: